Here is the summer watch edit, including a series of designs including so-pretty-it-could-be-jewellery bracelet watches, chic vintage-inspired pieces, those with interchangeable straps for the chameleons among you and sports-luxe inspired numbers. Prices start at just ￡10 so there should be something for all budgets.
1. Casio Mini Digi Watch in Black Denim: ￡28, urbanoutfitters.com
The Japanese brand’s digital watches have become cult classics. This neat one, with a slimline dark denim strap and stainless steel case, is a twist on the old favourite. It still has the easy-to-read, no-frills face, but in a stainless steel case.
2. Larsson & Jennings CM Gold-Plated Watch: ￡225, net-a-porter.com
This unisex watch is one of the Anglo-Swedish brand’s bestsellers; popular for its lightweight ‘chain metal’ strap (where its name comes from) and the over-sized white face with roman numerals makes this one a chic choice. It’s water resistant up to 50 metres.
3. Asos Watermelon Watch: ￡20, asos.com
Here’s a fruity accessory to inject a bit of fun into your summer wardrobe. You get pips in the place of numbers and the strap is uncannily like the skin on the melon synonymous with summer. Just remember to take this one off when you take a dip in the sea or pool.
4. Daniel Wellington Classic Canterbury Lady: ￡129, danielwellington.com
Get preppy this season with this nylon-strapped watch from the brand founded by a Swede but inspired by a British gent, which is known for its clean-cut designs with interchangeable straps. This red, white and blue beauty has a slimline 6mm face and you can choose from rose gold or silver casing.
5. Michael Kors Ladies’ Bracelet Watch: ￡259, ernestjones.co.uk
6. Karl Lagerfeld Perspektive Black ladies Bracelet Watch: ￡185, houseoffrasser.co.uk
7. Marc by Marc Jacobs X-Up Ladies Watch: ￡145, selfridges.com
Here’s a watch that screams ‘summer’. In yellow and pink silicone, it looks like a sports watch but with a luxury feel. Following the news that Marc Jacobs’s secondary line is to be discontinued, this might be one of the brand’s last watch collections – now’s the time to buy.
8. New Look Black Mini Geo print Silicon Watch: ￡9.99, newlook.com
9. Timex Weekender Oversized: ￡79.99, timex.co.uk
10. Skagen Ladies Watch with Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet: ￡77, amazon.co.uk
The Danish brand is known for luxe-looking but affordable watches that come with a lifetime guarantee and in wide range of styles. This silver and gold-tone combo with a sparkly stone marking each number is understated but elegant.
11. Olivia Burton Painterly Prints Blue Rose Navy and Rose Gold: ￡75, oliviaburton.com
12. Fossil Georgia Grey Leather Ladies Watch: ￡95, houseoffraser.co.uk
Fossil’s leather strap watches have vintage-y details that make them stand out from the pack, like the rose gold-tone hardware on this dark grey leather watch with a slim strap. This one comes in a range of leathers and different metal tone casings.